West Weekly Connect: May 9 – May 13, 2022
- PTSA Fundraiser: West High will be having it’s last restaurant fundraiser of the year this Tuesday, May 10 from 4pm-9pm at Café Zupas 4th South. Use Code: FUNDRAISER25. Hope to see you all there!
- AP & IB Exam Schedule: AP & IB exams will start Thursday April 28th and run through May 20th. Students need to report to their exam room at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to get checked in. Students must have a photo ID with them at check in. A print off of their Power School photo will work if their name is included.
- See schedule here: AP & IB Exam Schedule
- Parents/guardians willing to help proctor exams can sign up via this link. Parents/guardians cannot proctor an exam their student is taking. Proctor training will happen at the end of April. Proctor Sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4baeae29aaf5c25-may2022
- Senior Exit Survey: Seniors, it is time to complete the Senior Exit Survey. This is part of your clearance to graduate.
- Concurrent Enrollment: Students taking Concurrent classes for the first time next year need to complete admission to SLCC as soon as possible. Visit the CTE Office 318 with questions.
- Senior CTE Survey: Attention seniors, please complete your CTE senior survey that was sent to you on your Senior canvas page as soon as possible.
- Summer Drivers Education: For anyone interested in Summer Drivers Education, it is time to sign up. After you have a PERMIT and RECEIPT from the treasurer, go see Coach Park in P1 before school starts. The deadline to sign up is Friday, April 22. Seats are limited and are on a first-come basis. Look for the flyer around school!
- Scholarships: Visit https://west.slcschools.org/academics/counseling-center/scholarship-information for updated information about scholarships, college visits, and more.
- Gear Up: Students and parents! GEAR UP is accepting applications all year-round. GEAR UP is a high school college readiness program that prepares your students to graduate from high school and go to college. FREE tutoring, academic prep, ACT fee waivers, scholarship/FAFSA, college application assistance, and college prep workshops are available for students who qualify. Pick up an application in Room 317 or contact GEAR UP at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about their program here: https://www.uvu.edu/gearup/.
- PACE: The PACE Scholarship Program is now on Instagram @pacescholarship and Tik Tok @pace.scholarship. Follow us to stay up to date on everything PACE and for great resources and information to get you ready for college!
- Summer Baseball: For information on the Summer Baseball Program, please contact Jordan Oseguera at 801-414-0840 or Jordan.email@example.com.
- Grad Night: Class of 2022 Grad Night Party is at Boondocks on June 3 from 10:30 PM-2:00 AM. Tickets are $25. Order here: https://forms.gle/EgHKZjmteGvujins6 (English) https://forms.gle/vLc93Bi1hAFZK9pY9 (Spanish)
- West High Office Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00. Questions concerning Community Ed can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Resource Center: The Family Resource Center Pantry is open 7:30-9:30 and 11:30-3:30 Monday-Friday. Contact Lynn.Howell@slcschools.org or 801-578-8500 ext. 2310 with questions.
- After School Tutoring: Available Monday-Thursday from 3:30-5:00 in the Library or over zoom. Email email@example.com to join Canvas course.
- To view current Salt Lake City School District COVID guidelines, please visit https://www.slcschools.org/resources/covid-19-and-schools
- To view current and upcoming events at West High School, please visit Home - West High School (slcschools.org) or visit our Calendar.