News & Announcements
New Start Date for School
After meeting with representatives from the city, Rocky Mountain Power, and our district leadership, we have decided to cancel school on Friday. Monday will be the first day of school for Salt Lake City School District.
Tomorrow, and going forward, our Grab and Go student meals will be available at their normal times and their regular locations.
Please see our website, https://www.slcschools.org/…/2…/school-will-start-on-monday/, for information about the start of school and our student meal locations.
This is the link to the district recoursed on remote learning.
Password Reset Instructions
Each student has two main login names:
- Email Address– Each student has an email address that follows this format[first Name].[Last Initial][last three digits of student number]@slcstudents.org(ex.Suzy.email@example.com)
- Short Username– This username consists of the student’s[first name initial][last name initial][6 digit student number] (ex. Sa123456)
All passwords have been reset so upon logging in the student’s initial password will be theirlowercase initials + their two digit month of birth + their two digit day of birth + their four digit year of birth. For example, if a person’s initials are SQ and their birthday is January 23, 1945, the password would be sq01231945.
- Students will be required to change their password the first time they login.
- Your student can reset their password by going tohttps://webaccess.slcschools.org/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/password.aspx
- Students can also reset their password by going to the Canvas login screen and select change password at the bottom of the page.
- Parentscan reset their students’ passwords by logging into Parent Portal and clicking on the ‘Computer Information Link’.
- Student passwordsmust be at least 8 characterslong.
- Student passwordscannot be their student numberor login name.
- Teachers have the ability to reset a student’s password. You can contact your teacher via Canvas or email.
Students that still struggle, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
School Day Schedule
For a printable copy, click here
Parent Observer Canvas Accounts
If you have a student that you would like to help monitor or "observe", click here for the pdf instructions on how to set that up. Here is another set of instructions as well for both students and observers.