|Aaron Leeflangfirstname.lastname@example.org||N-R; IB (K-Q)|
|Ami Burtonemail@example.com||S-Z; IBCP|
|Jennifer Hanseenfirstname.lastname@example.org||IB 9 (R-Z); 10 (M-Z); all of 11th and 12th|
|Lisa Madsenemail@example.com||ELP 7th-8th; IB 9 (A-J); 10 (A-L)|
News and Announcements
Welcome back! We hope you had a great winter break! We will begin the month with our 11th Grade College and Career Readiness (CCR) appointments. Parents of juniors either have received or will receive an invitation in the mail identifying the date and time for our visit. If you do not receive an invitation by mid-February please contact Chris Rogers at 801-578-8500 ext. 316 or firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the Counseling Center to confirm your appointment. During the CCR we will be covering topics such as scholarship information, college admission, ACT/SAT dates, Career Pathways, graduation status and addressing any questions or concerns the student and/or parent may have. Each junior will also be selecting his/her classes for the 2018-19 school year. We look forward to meeting with you!
Jan 9-Feb 20th Junior CCR’s
Jan 15 (Mon) Martin Luther King Jr (No school)
Jan 19 (Fri) End of 2nd Quarter
Jan 16-19 Classes Changes (No charge)
Jan 22-25 Late Class Changes ($10 Fee)
Jan 26 (Fri) Non-Student Day (No school)
Jan 29 & 31 Registration for incoming 9th graders (Bryant)
Jan 30 & Feb 1 Registration for incoming 9th graders (Northwest)
Seniors-If you have not already begun to complete your make-up packets please see your counselor immediately!
All students-There is free tutoring after school in Rm 209 Mon-Thu and daily help from teachers in all subjects after school as well (9th Period). See your counselor for more information.
Scholarships are available if you look for them. See Vicki Kranendonk in the Guidance Center.
Pro Tips: Searching and Applying for Scholarships - The first episode of "In a Nutshell: How to Pay For College" season two.
Parents and seniors: check out this informative article from the Deseret News on avoiding senioritis and preparing for college!!
Financial Aid and College Admission Information
The Suicide Prevention Resource Center has created a very robust list of resources for addressing questions related to the series, “13 Reasons Why”. I wanted to provide the forwarded e-mail to all of you. May is Mental Health Awareness month.
From Suicide Prevention Organizations
• Tips for Parents for Talking with their Children about 13 Reasons Why and Suicide (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)
• Briefing in Connection with the Netflix Series 13 Reasons Why (International Association for Suicide Prevention)
From Other Mental Health/Professional Organizations
• 13 Mental Health Questions about 13 Reasons Why (American Psychiatric Association)
• 13 Reasons Why Netflix Series: How School Counselors Can Help (American School Counselor Association)
• 13 Reasons Why Netflix Series: Considerations for Educators (National Association of School Psychologists)
• 13 Ways to Continue the Conversation about 13 Reasons Why (Active Minds)
Other Related Resources
• The Trevor Lifeline (The Trevor Project)
• SPRC Web Page for Suicide Prevention in Schools (Suicide Prevention Resource Center)
• Information for Parents webpage (Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide)
• Not my Kid: What Parents Should Know about Teen Suicide (Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide) (Video)