West High Tardy Policy
* Students must be in class and ready to learn before the late bell rings. Students who are late need an Admit Slip to enter their class. Admit slips will be available at a central location on the 4th Floor, in the Attendance Office, and on the 1st Floor of the Tech Wing. Detention for a tardy must be served after school in ISD before the 15th of the following month. Failure to serve your detention will lead to a $5 charge (that cannot be waived) for each detention not served.
* Incentives for students who are on time will be provided by classroom teachers and school administration. School staff will be visible during passing time and will encourage every student to move to their class.
* Administration and Youth Advocates
* Before school, during each passing time, during lunch, and after school each administrator and Youth Advocate will be in their assigned area to encourage students to get to class on time.
* Late students will be delivered to 3 central stations to get ADMIT SLIPS (4th Floor, Attendance Office, 1st Floor Tech Wing) or they will be given a Truancy/Admit Ticket.
* Students will have until the 15th of the month following the date they received the tardy slip to serve detention in ISD after school.
* Students who do not serve detention for being late will have to serve other community service as assigned by administrator
* Please try to stand at your doors when the 1 minute announcement is made.
* Try to have a bell ringer activity to start your class while you take attendance.
* Take attendance every day, every class period.
* Do not admit late students until they have provided an ADMIT TICKET or TRUANCY/ADMIT TICKET
Red Card Policy
* The Red Card is a PRIVILEGE
* All students must have a full schedule of 8 classes. Exceptions must have administrator approval. Students who are not current on credits required for their grade level will not be eligible for a Red Card.
* The Red Card is a privilege earned by students for good attendance, behavior, grades, and credits earned. All students with a Red Card agree that they will be in the library or off campus during their Red Card class time. If these students are in the hall or in other areas of the campus during their Red Card class time, their Red Card privilege may be revoked and they may be assigned to a class and they will receive a Truancy/Admit Ticket and have to serve 15 minutes of detention.