Summer School Update English
Information about Summer School at West High!
Our primary focus this summer is Credit Recovery, with a few additional items [see the attachment]. If there is something on the list interests you, please register for Summer School at this link: https://forms.office.com/r/JSN2eYRDQN. This link is also on the attached graphic.
Our dates for summer school are:
- Monday, June 13 - Thursday, June 16 [No Friday due to Efficiency Friday]
- Tuesday, June 21 - Friday, June 24 [Sunday, June 19 is Juneteenth, which will be observed Monday, June 20]
- Monday, June 27 - Thursday, June 30 [No Friday due to Efficiency Friday]
The August dates are primarily geared toward incoming West High 9th graders. Those dates will be:
- Monday, August 1 - Thursday, August 4 [No Friday due to Efficiency Friday]
- Monday, August 8 - Thursday, August 11 [No Friday due to Efficiency Friday]
Students will need to meet with [or speak with] their counselor to discuss their Summer School and / or Credit Recovery needs. Counselors will set students up with what they need for the summer.
Students working on Credit Recovery will be in Supervised Studies classes - just like during the school year. Also similar to the current school year: Credit Recovery courses will be done through the SLC School District's courses. We will have computers and / or laptops at West for students to use on site during Summer School.
All Credit Recovery [for Summer School and from the current school year] will need to be completed, turned in, and finalized by June 30, 2022.
Breakfast, lunch, and transportation will be available. Breakfast will be before 9 a.m. Lunch will likely be a sack lunch.
If you have questions about Summer School, please contact @Stephanie Gordon [Stephanie.Gordon@slcschools.org], who works in the Guidance Center.